Total Pageviews

Monday, 23 May 2011

Revival Fires

One of my greatest joys is travelling to other churches and speaking with Christians from other places and even different streams, by that I mean from different church backgrounds.
One thing I have found in recent months; There is a real expectation across the board that God is about to move.
I have a real sense in my spirit that the next move of God will not be in the major revival centres where folks flock to ‘catch’ something new from God. It won’t be a Pensacola, Toronto, or any of the other high profile churches. I believe it will be spontaneous combustion in the small, little, faithful churches of many denominations. Revival springing up in the ordinary every day churches who faithfully preach Jesus.
We need to be faithful to the message and develop a hunger for God to move. It won’t come to those that look for the publicity that these large scale church revivals  brings: the  My church is better than yours  or my church is featured on The God Chanel mentality that seems to  pervade many evangelical ministers minds. No it will be for those people and congregations who simply want more of God and to be used by Him. I think that it will have many different faces and not be identified by one manifestation of the Spirits power but by many. Each church will have its own unique experience of God.
Are we ready?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. I am a member of Chelmsford Elim and I am definately perceiving that the Holy Spirit poised to break out big time! I'm also part of a monthly non demominational meeting in our town called Flame of Revival, which seeks the presence and power of the Spirit to bring impartations of healing. We are seeing bigger crowds and a more tangible annointing on the meetings in the last few months. We ALWAYS see healings/miracles, but I don't believe we've seen anything yet!

    I too believe that it will be ordinary people in ordinary churches which will herald in a great move of God, the last before His coming. Things are poised...

    Smith Wigglesworth said that the greatest move of God will come on our nation when the things of the Spirit join up with the things of the Word. Christians who believe the Word and ACT on it in the power and authority of the Spirit are shortly going to see an expedential increase in God's miraculous saving and healing power. Revival, but not as we've ever known it.

    UK stand by. I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete