For many of you you will be embarking on the great summer get away in the next few weeks. I have just had mine, almost three weeks away from church and home. I didn't realize how much I needed it. Its very easy to take time off but actually not take any time off at all. Although I kept in touch regularly with family and church I had done something this year that I have never done before. I made a public declaration that I was handing over the reigns to my two elders and giving the decision making to them too. Spiritually it broke a bond and meant that I could relax without thinking I was responsible for stuff happening 450 miles away.
Well I'm back and like the pilots of planes say "I have control" .
When you take a break make sure you do that, don't check and answer emails every day, don't expect staff to run to you to make decisions, or worse still leave those decisions till you return otherwise you will need another holiday.
Rest relax take time to get your head sorted, take time to get personal issues resolved then come back and "take control" . You will feel better and your church, business, family life will feel the benefit too.
Glad you had a great break.
ReplyDeleteNice to see you both back, refreshed and in as much contol as God will let you have!
An Elder