I sometimes wonder how we would cope. Could we actually survive and keep our faith. Persecution. All over the world Christians are facing persecution; they are having their churches burnt, being arrested and even killed for their faith.
I have over the past challenged our folks at church about this wondering if Persecution will ever reach our shores.
The other morning I was awake about 4.30 am just before dawn and was thinking about this. I know I should have been asleep but its a sign of getting old.
For the first time I realized that here in England the Christian church has been persecuted and is being persecuted almost to the point of extinction. We have listened to the lie that we should turn the other cheek, be silent when our faith and lifestyle is being undermined when legislation so hard fought for by our forefathers is systematically undermined and repealed.
Christian leaders are frightened to speak about what we believe. The days of Political Correctness have all but silenced our Christian heritage. Minority groups with loud voices change our fundamental laws and we remain silent. Is that persecuted ? It sure is!
We need to wake up before it is too late. There needs to be an audible loud Christian voice in our nation. Our Church denominations need to raise up a public voice for our views and shout and shout it from the roof tops.
No comments:
Post a Comment