Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Passions

If you asked me what I was passionate about I am sure I could come up with quite a long list. Some of the things are obvious, like Ann, but there would be others that at first glance might make you smile.

One of them would be sausages.
Yes that’s right sausages. I really am passionate about them; and animals called George, but that’s another story.

I have always had a halfhearted dream of opening a sausage restaurant where nearly all the items on the menu would include sausages. I think it would be a success. How do I know; I would eat there. If it’s good enough for me well its good enough for anyone.

They are incredibly versatile little things and have a range of flavours from boring to highly exotic. If I ever visit new butchers one of the tests as to how good he is, is how good are his sausages?

I would have sausages 5 days a week. Well I have to have a curry once in a while too.

Unfortunately I don’t have a sausage restaurant I have a church, which specializes in catering. We have FREE …yes you read it right a FREE cafĂ© every Tuesday for anyone who wants a hot meal. This isn’t for the homeless or dropouts but for anyone who wants a FREE feed. Sometimes we do serve sausages and they are special days.

Food is important to me. As a church leader I see the potential for food. We use food events to reach out into the community. It says we care. We know times can be tough, we know people can be lonely, we know people have needs and guess what we want to be there for you. We don’t just do Sundays where we seem to be after your money. We do life where we are there for you.

God asked Moses at the burning bush “What is it you have in your hand?”

What are you passionate about? Take some time today to think about how you could develop a passion into a means of service.



No comments:

Post a Comment