There are moments in everyone’s lives that are truly life defining moments.
Some are those truly awesome moments such as when you walk in the room and your eyes meet with the prettiest girl in the room and you just know ‘she is the one’. There are others which are not so great but are life defining none the less; the moment you take your first cigarette or steal your first bar of chocolate from the corner shop.
Someone said that life turns on small hinges.
There have been many such moments in my life some good and some bad. One of the most radical moments was a weekend in March 1973. I know it seems an eternity ago but it was a weekend that would change my life forever. It would change who I was and who I would become. It was the weekend I became a Christian.
Let me say this wasn’t a religious experience as such. I had never been to church and had no interest in it what so ever. I was 17 and loved music and going to the pub. So to get an invite not to church but to see a band was cool. The band ‘the Advocates@ were my age and played the coolest live music I had ever heard. They also talked about their own decisions to follow Jesus and how it had radically changed their lives. Kids my age passionate about Jesus. Passionate about the change that following Jesus had made to them. So when the opportunity was given to give at a go I leapt at it . If Following Jesus could change their lives and make it so exciting maybe the same could happen for me.
I knew nothing about the Bible or Church but I knew this. If following Jesus could change their lives then maybe he could change mine to.
Life turns on small hinges. Deciding to follow Jesus was one such hinge. Life did change. It did become exciting. I did change.
To tell you all that has happened would take a life time.
Why not try Jesus for yourself. “Seek the Lord while he may be found . Call on him now while he is near.........turn to the Lord for he will forgive you generously” Isaiah 55 :6
For a book explaining all this check out the ‘How do I become a Christian Page’ at www.elimleigh.co.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment